Thursday, April 23, 2009

Revamping a Teen Area


This is part of the Teen Zone at my library. Over the last few days, I've been working to revamp this area. I've done it for almost nothing, using resources that were already available to me. Thanks to buy-in from the different departments within my library, and working with my supervisor and the branch administrator, I was able to succeed (so far) in the revamp. Basically, I shifted various parts of the collection to different shelves, and as the biggest change, rearranged the YA fiction so that it would flow continuously, instead of being broken into two sections. You can see more pictures of the transformation here.

And now that the books in the Teen Zone are arranged better, here's hoping circulation goes up and the teens who visit, as well as me, will discover some great new books!

No comments: