Monday, July 05, 2010

ALA Annual 2010, Washington, D.C.

ALA, as always, is an energizing experience. While you're tired and busy and perhaps a bit stressed, there's also the time to have conversations with your friends who are scattered throughout the country, even the world. Plus, there's great events to attend, ARCs to pick up, and authors to meet. Here are some of my memorable moments:

--Having dinner at John Green's table, thanks to Penguin.

--Attending perhaps the best Printz reception I've ever attended, with wonderful, hilarious, heart-warming speeches from Adam Rapp, Deborah Heiligman, Rick Yancey, John Barnes, and Libba Bray.

--Showing masterful self-restraint and not grabbing every ARC I could, since thanks to the Printz Committee I know I'll be sent most books I saw at ALA. So, more for others!

--Having great meetings with the rest of the Printz Committee, discussing the merits of several books. There will be a post at the YALSA blog soon talking about the process of serving on the Printz Committee.

All in all, it was another great conference. If you couldn't make it, there's plenty of info at the YALSA blog about how to be part of the conference, even after the fact, if you weren't able to make it. If I saw you there, I'm glad we did, and if we didn't connect, there's always next time I hope.

1 comment:

melissa @ 1lbr said...

Either I forgot or I missed it the first time around, but congrats on being on the Printz committee! So wish I could have been at ALA.