Wednesday, September 03, 2008

On Deck

Thanks to the long holiday weekend, a bit of sickness, and lots of projects at my day job, I haven't had the time to finish reading anything. But I've got a lot waiting for me!

Currently Reading:

Unwind by Neal Shusterman: the idea of a society that allows teenagers to be retroactively aborted? Very creepy, from an ethical point of view. Shusterman is also doing a great job with slowly ratcheting up the tension.

Already Published and Waiting:

The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart: I tried to read this a while ago, and I gave up on it. I do that sometimes too quickly, so since I've enjoyed Lockhart's books before, I decided to give this one another try.

The Ghosts of Kerfol by Deborah Noyes: After reading a discussion of this book on YALSA-BK, I got intrigued and found my copy of the ARC. I'll admit that I'm not a huge fan of short stories, but since these are intertwined stories, I'm hopeful that I'll enjoy it.

Not Published Yet and Waiting:

Bliss by Lauren Myracle: The horror-movie aspects of this book, coupled with the fish-out-of-water setting, intrigue me. Plus, it's Lauren Myracle. This one is bound to be popular once it's out there--and a great book to highlight on Books with Bite displays.

No comments: