Monday, November 01, 2010

Historical Fiction Month Kick-off

Welcome to Historical Fiction Month at librarian by day!  Every weekday in November, there will be discussion of young adult historical fiction.  Whether it's a book review, an essay from a guest contributor, or a post from me, readers will learn new things about historical fiction.  At least, that's the plan!

If you're attending the 2010 Young Adult Literature Symposium later this week, I hope you'll attend my presentation, "Doomed to Repeat It: Diversity in Young Adult Historical Fiction."  If you can't make it to the symposium, I'll be sharing info from the symposium next week.  In addition, if you are looking for a genre guide to YA historical fiction, perhaps you'll consider purchasing my book for your library or media center. 

I hope you enjoy the posts that appear this month at librarian by day.  I greatly appreciate the comments I've received since I started this blog, and I think that this month is the beginning of something new.  If you like the themed months idea, let me know.  And if there's any improvements you'd like to suggest, hit up the comment link.

In the meanwhile, get comfortable, enjoy the beverage of your choice, and happy reading!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Sounds like a great month!

Becky said...

Great month indeed! I have already started off on my own little kick-off, reading a great historical fiction titled, "Blood Soup" by Kelly A. Harmon, which is full of exciting medieval fiction and fantasy.