Friday, July 15, 2011

Friday Fun: Books Into Movies

With the news that the Gossip Girl producers are tackling a movie adaptation of The Luxe, it got me thinking about books being turned into movies.  I'm very excited about The Luxe being a movie, but I can't help wondering how the movie will compare to the book.  Will the Elizabeth/Will romance be pumped up?  Will Lina be as sulky and scheming as she is in the book?  And just who would play Penelope and Diana and Henry? 

Here's a list of some recent YA books that were turned into movies.  What did you think of these?

Soul Surfer, based on Bethany Hamilton's memoir (movie info)
Beastly, based on the novel by Alex Flinn (movie info)
It's Kind of a Funny Story, from Ned Vizzini's novel (movie info)
Flipped, adapted from the novel by Wendelin Van Draanen (movie info)
The Lightning Thief, from the bestseller by Rick Riordan (movie info)
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging, based on Louise Rennison's novel (movie info)

I've only seen Flipped, so clearly I need to catch up on my movies!

No comments: